Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Conscious and Unconscious Pampering

I'm lounging on my couch today with a cup of hot tea by my side, music by Harold Grandstaff Moses http://ecor.azaz.com/ihs/drmoses.php playing on the iPod, a stack of Cottage Living magazines and my new treasure of Sheriff Gay Hendricks books (1970's and his photo looks like Butch Casady) strewn about...taking a pampering day for myself.

Pampering is my conscious word for the week (possibly a life project though)...or maybe I should say I'm playing more with making it conscious. Am I taking a pampering day consciously? No...I'm under the weather with a sore throat and body aches.

So, what else is making pampering the conscious word of the week? On Sunday, Tracie blogged http://openjourney.blogspot.com/ about a fun game online called the Prosperity Game. In her words: "If you are ready to have some fun,(yes your money relationship can be fun) and maybe change your relationship and have more flowing to you check out this site and play!" Catching the toss from Trac, I checked out the site. http://www.choosingprosperity.com/

In the game, you get to spend universal checks (sent each day for a hundred days ranging from a grand to a million dollars! You get to "spend" these checks, and journal about what comes up for you. I figured easy...I have no probs spending money. I'll share my first journal with you:

Wow...a thousand dollars...I'm ordering the Genius Program with Gay Hendricks for $500! When I think of this...a rush of energy flows up my body...a smile comes onto my face... and in perfect Gay tone "I feel happy" comes out of my mouth! Yum!

another $500 for my universe money today... let's see.... my RET training in January is $875 for both trainings...yet I'm unsure about going there or to the Hendricks... so I'll hold off on that choice...

Another $500...hmmm...I'm seeing a homeschooling catalog that I love to order from... I'd order everything that catches the kids' attention and curiosity! I'm also seeing a passionate young adult who would love to support the kids in their journey of exposure and learning from what they order and beyond!

the kids would probably have wanted a dishwasher rather than new school books lol

so what's up...is....second guessing....yes...

I know...today I'd spend $500 on pampering myself... a massage...pedicure...RET and coaching session for me....and my hair highlighted and styled just right!

And with the greatest nanny for the kids hired...to make their day great too!

lol...yup....gotta work on the guilt!

9/5/06
I'm focusing on my response to pampering. Last night I had a gallbladder attack... and am seeing Peter on Thursday. I noticed that I'm fine setting up an appointment for health care like that, but not for taking some pampering time. I'm committed to playing with this!


That was yesterday...and I worked on my own gallbladder...and then woke up with new symptoms. Wow, I'm not getting off the hook very easily!

I can either commit to pampering myself consciously (like getting that $23 pedicure from WalMart lol) or pampering myself unconsciously (like lounging on the couch cuz I'm sick). Time will tell which commitment wins out! This is a big one!


1 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger Trac said...

Ohhhh I am so glad you are having "fun" with this! Maybe this is an easy way to figure out ways to get all those wants met. I am surprised at my resistance to even finding things that I want to have in my life. Keep smiling as you play! Love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home