Monday, February 27, 2006

Redefining Myself

Sometimes life unfolds differently than planned. When I was 12, and my parents were going through a long overdue divorce, I promised myself "I'll never divorce!" This promise as a youth kept me in my marriage way past the healthy point, and separated from soon to be ex-husband for more than 4 years. Now in the middle of a divorce, I laugh at myself for creating such a life of suffering for so long, just so I wouldn't have to feel what I had not so so long ago. A few conscious moments of feeling fully, and I'm flowing freely with excitement for my future! This weekend I started redefining myself, at first not consciously, but now I'm so excited to say consciously! For 18 years of marriage I had always thought it was "his" job to do the yard work. Truthfully speaking, I think he only did the yard work once in the last 7 years, but it was "his job" and I didn't tread on that territory. Well, this weekend my dear pal and colleague Chelsie, brought over a weed eater and extension cord. For 3 days now I've been having a blast getting rid of weeds and making our front and back yard (only 1 out of the 5.5 acres) a lot more pleasant to behold. What other areas around here were "his" to tend to? Oh, like the mudroom, that I'm having fun chucking old kitchen appliances from the past 18 years that he had taken apart to "fix". Another area are the windows lol. Our windows are soooo dirty! Filled with cobwebs and smudges. Of course this was "his" area, as he owns a window cleaning company! Now I'm going to hire someone to come and clean them for me, so I too can enjoy looking out at my weedless yard through clean windows and screens. I'm loving redefining how we live and who I am! Smooches to everyone who is supporting me in this recreation!

2 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Trac said...

Guess what? You will be amazed at where new empowerment comes from. It is an incredible journey even with the briars.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Chickenbells said...

I remember the first time I took out the trash during my divorce...and all the "firsts" that I considered someone elses job...It is so amazing and empowering...living this life that you create for yourself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home