Saturday, February 24, 2007

Musings From a Magical Mish Mash Home



I'm sitting at my dining room table, fuzzily waking up my creative flow for the day.

I'm gazing at a bouquet of Valentine flowers, still glowing pink and white, surrounded with babies breath. Beyond that my tulips have bloomed...amazing yellow and red they look to me like little campfires on a stem! Audree, my fire child, chose them...makes total sense. Maybe there is a fire Goddess within each blossom dancing her way through our muck and mediocrity and igniting our deepest dreams and passions.

Beyond this scene are spirals of red hanging between the dining room and living room. Pink, red and white hearts adorn the rock mantle with some pink ribbon framing the leftover Valentine paraphernalia. A bouquet of "I love you" balloons are still hanging out in the relationship corner, unless some child needing entertaining lets them loose to blow about the room with the heater vents fueling their play...and the too many cats either loving the playtoys or running for safety upstairs. I'm not ready to take down Valentine decos...so we are temporarily calling this the "love house"...not connected to the Love Boat from my youth.

It's an old farm home...nothing fancy to look at...and actually in need of much creative help (like new paint...repaired fences and a paved driveway). After staying with my dear friend Cindy, who actually paints walls, has purchased art work...and interior design theme's through her home...I felt a bit embarrassed at the sprawl of mish mash I call home.

This mish mash is so me though...my Gemini (who I'm making friends with this year) loves the endless opportunities that are held within each room...each stack of art supplies, books, games...some curriculum even...awaiting the eager inhabitants to explore, be inspired by and manifest from!

I love my home! It's a magical place filled with children's creativity upon the walls, quotes of inspiration on the chalkboard, walls and fridge...along with stacks and piles of books, games and various pillows for us mere humans to sit on while the too many cats lounge on my new furniture.

So thank you dear home...for being magical...inspiring...and so at ease with our growth and many changes. I appreciate your showing up within days of my writing exactly what I wanted in my home! I appreciate your staying with us through grandma visits, illness and divorce. And I appreciate your comfort as my family continues to change and evolve.

One fiery tulip opens more towards me, and yes indeed, there is a fire Goddess within its blossom...and the God Shiva is dancing with her...burning down the walls of illusion...and opening my eyes to the potential and beauty all around and within me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home